'Twas the night before Mossmas, when all through the house,
Not a Packer was stirring, as timid as a mouse.
The Ship was parked by the entrance with care,
In hopes that St. Daunte soon would be there.
The cheerleaders were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of touchdowns danced in their heads.
Mike Tice with his pencil, and Red in his cap,
Had just settled down for a long winter's nap.
When out on the Field Turf there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from my lounge chair to see what was the matter.
Away to the Plasma I flew like a flash,
Nearly spilling my beer, tripping on the trash.
And what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a miniature sleigh and Dontarrious reindeer.
With a Monstrous driver, so lively and adept,
That I knew right away, that it must be St. Pepp.
More rapid than iggles his tailbacks they came,
And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name:
"Now Bryant, now Claiborne, now Corey, now Dixon,
On Mewelde, Onterrio, on Randy, and Mixon".
To the top of the dome, near Nicollet mall,
Dash away, dash away, dash away all.
So up to the cheapseats the coursers they flew,
With the sleigh full of joys, and St. Culpepper too.
And then in a twinkling, I heard on the roof,
All the clattering noise of the linemen on hoof.
All bundled in purple from his head to his foot,
His clothes were all tarnished with ashes and soot.
I drew in my head and was turning around,
When down the goalposts he came with a bound.
A bag full of footballs he had slung on his back,
And he looked like a Lumberjack opening his pack.
His sweat, how it twinkled,
His muscles, how scarry.
His thighs sinewy hoses
His eyes red as cherry,
His droll little mouth was drawn up like a bow,
No beard on this chin, yet a grin white as the snow.
The stump of a Packer he held tight in his teeth,
The smoke went around his head like a wreath.
Oh, he was so jolly and awesome, a right jolly young elf,
And I laughed when I saw him,
In spite of myself.
He had a round face, and a six-pack for belly,
That shook when he laughed, like a bowl full of jelly.
With a wink of his eye and a twist of his head,
Filled all of Wisconsin with nothing but dread.
He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,
He tossed all the receivers; a deft touchdown jerk
And rolling his arms in front of his nose,
Giving the crowd a nod, up the goal posts he rose.
He sprang to his sleigh, to his team gave a whistle,
And away they all flew like ref and his whistle.
But I heard him exclaim as he drove out of sight,
"Merry Mossmas to all, and to all good night."
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.mn-vikings
From: "Daniel L. Snyder "
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 09:21:06 -0600
Subject: Mossmas Caroles
Thanks For Visiting
|