Tuesday, December 20, 2022

LoriAnn

Santa's Surprise Visit

Gifts are inspected for utter perfection
His sleigh's getting ready to head your direction.

Today's Song is ...


Sweet Papa Noel - Instrumental

Today's Inspiring Story is ...


Settling down at sun's last rays, I slipped into my warm as toast P.J.'s.
Just as I begin to get comfy I hear a knock at the door, "Who is it?" I ask, As my feet hit the floor;
There was a short pause, When came his reply, "Why it's me Santa Claus."

"Wait a minute, aren't you supposed to come down my chimney with a Ho-Ho-Ho?" I asked with a sneer,
"No more chimney's for me my dear!"
"In seasons past I've fallen down chimneys and broken my," Another pause, "...Flask"

"I'm tired of being battered and bruised,
And I'm tired of getting soot all over my patent leather shoes,
So now I tote this bag Full of Christmas toys Great and small,
From house to house, Climbing stairs just to deliver them all."
I laughed at the story told By this jolly old elf;

Trusting my instincts I opened the door, No one was there, But on the floor lay a candy cane, A gigantic teddy bear, and Presents wrapped in Christmas red,
Why he even left me a Nightcap for my head.

Instead of going to bed, Where I really wanted to be, I decided to share with others what this sweet old man had shared with me,

This jolly little man who knocked on my door, had been none other than Santa himself, Finishing his chores.

I was headed out when I heard a commotion on the roof, Yes, it was the pitter-patter of Reindeer hooves.

I rushed to the window in time to see Santa take flight,
He was singing a familiar tune, As he flew out of sight, the song he sang?


Janice Bumbalough Marler © 2003


View thee Original Desktop Version of this Story
Thanks For Visiting